1 of 9
Premium miniature race bike firm Ohvale have revealed two new Evo models for 2022, promising to make life that bit easier for the GP stars of tomorrow.
Standing at just 790mm tall, the GP-0 110 4S Evo and GP-0 160 Evo weigh in at 64kg and 65kg dry respectively and are the latest additions to a lengthy model line-up – promising easier ergonomics, improved braking stability and a revised steel trellis chassis.
Powered by either a 113.3cc or 155.5cc single-cylinder four-stroke engine, paired with a four-speed manual gearbox, they are designed to compete on short kart tracks – without the reliability worries of a temperamental two-stroke minimoto.
Related articles from MCN
But who are Ohvale? Used by everyone from budding young racers to MotoGP superstars like Valentino Rossi, the Italian brand produce bikes from 110 to 212cc and are the sole bike supplier to the MiniGP World Series – the officially recognised Road to MotoGP platform of Dorna and the FIM.
And how do the two new models differ from the rest? For starters, they offer a claimed friendlier riding position, thanks to a revised placement of the adjustable footpegs and a more rearward riders’ seat.
What’s more, the cover for the 3.5-litre fuel tank has also been widened, meaning a greater surface area for your knees to grab onto under braking.
The tubular steel trellis frame has been lengthened for a greater reach to the bars – bringing the total wheelbase to 1500mm – an increase of 22mm.
Both Evo models also benefit from a repositioned engine, with the air-cooled unit moved for a better centre of gravity and fitted with replacement Dellorto carbs.
The swingarm pivot position has also been tweaked in pursuit of the best drive to the back wheel and there’s an underseat Arrow exhaust system for some added bling.
Elsewhere, Ohvale have tweaked the 33mm upside down forks to provide 70mm of travel and equipping a set of CNC machined bottoms.
Providing stopping power is a single four-piston radial monobloc caliper up front, biting onto a 180mm disc. You also get a two-piston caliper and 155mm disc at the rear.
Bikes are available to order from Ohvale UK now, with the 110 priced at £4057.38 and the 160 available for £4221.31.
Ohvale GP-0 Evos explored
- Used by champions Alongside junior racers, Ohvales are used by top-flight grand prix and superbike stars for training on small tracks.
- Two ranges Ohvale sell a GP-0 and GP-2 range. The GP-0 uses a 10in wheel, with the GP-2 getting a larger 12in option.
- One fast importer Ohvales are imported and sold in the UK by Isle of Man TT lap record holder and multiple BSB race winner, Peter Hickman.
- Nurturing talent Hickman and his team also established the Ohvale UK Cup in 2020, allowing racers as young as eight to compete in a multi-round British championship. The Evos are not eligible for this series.
- Manual box The four-stroke single-cylinder engines in the two Evo models are mated to four-speed manual gearboxes, getting young racers used to shifting at an early age.
Watch: MCN has a go at minimoto racing!